Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 10 - 30 Day Blog Post Challenge

Share five random facts about yourself.

1. When I was a little girl in New York, the great Ninja Master found me on the stoop of our brownstone, and taught me everything he knows about stealth, honor, and discipline...or at least that’s the way the bedtime story goes when I tell my kids, and though we giggle through my reenactment, I love it that they go to bed wondering if I REALLY made it all up :)
2. I’m a late bloomer as a “girlie-girl” who loves pretty things and an occasion to be “fancy” but my roots keep me loving action/superhero movies, converse sneakers & video games.
3. If I’m in a used bookstore, I can’t resist buying books that have someone elses notes and thoughts lovingly scribbled into the margins. It’s magical.
4. I have an irrational fear/anxiety of people dressed up in mascot-type costumes (a’la Chuck E. from Chuck E. Cheese)
5. I’m pretty intentional about my role as the metaphorical author of my life-story, if I don’t like the way the plot is going, I’m great at editing and getting things back on track!



Share four things from your bucket list.
1. Revisit Italy as an adult with my husband (but this time, see The Whole Boot)
2. Make Bucket lists with my children and help them start crossing things off :)
3. Take a group of students from my school on their first trip to Disney World.
4. Teacher Space Camp



Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.


1. As a person, I hope to stretch myself to make the most of my “one wild and precious life”, to live wonderstruck, and walk through each day with an open mind and heart.
2. As an educator, moved to a new and vastly different grade level this year, I hope to acclimate as quickly as possible and surpass my own expectations of myself to be the kind of teacher my students deserve (Confident, Creative, Engaging, Fun, Resourceful and Gritty!) ;)
3. World Peace ( Sorry, I couldn’t resist. )
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
(Pictures are worth a thousand words??)


Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.

With social media, this question is becoming obsolete. There are pieces of me scattered all across the blogosphere and twitterverse but they’re all just pieces. If I want someone to know more about me, I share more :) and that’s the beauty of face-to-face!

No comments :

Post a Comment