Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 9 Write about one of your biggest accomplishments in your teaching that no one knows about (or may not care).

Wow. So, this one gave me pause. I can think of some accomplishments in teaching that I am exceptionally proud of, but, that “no one knows about” part has got me stumped. I mean, I’m married, I have a very close family and tight circle of friends...there’s very little in my life that NO ONE knows about. All of my greatest accomplishments, once recognized as such, have been gushed over to the people who I love and who love me most, because that’s what I do. I share my joys, and any accomplishments I have had in my career/passion/mission as an educator, fall under the category of life-joys that I just can’t help but burst out about.

The thing is, though, that I hope that my BIGGEST accomplishment in teaching is one that no one knows about yet, not even me, because my hope is that it hasn’t happened yet. My hope is that my greatest successes as an educator are yet to be realized, and my largest growth spurt is yet to come.

No comments :

Post a Comment